Please read the briefing below and review all attachments to familiarize yourself with parking, check in and start procedures.
- Please arrive to the bleacher section of Aquatic Park by 0730.
- Your’e encouraged to catch a ride to the start however there is free 4 hour parking at the end of Van Ness Ave & also metered parking along the streets.
- At check-in you will be body marked and get a color coded cap.
- Pre-race brief will begin at 0830. Please listen carefully to instructions for following the course buoys and emergency procedures.
- At 0915 Swimmers will be transported by car to the east side of Crissy Field Beach
- Swimmers will swim out 25 yards from shore then swim eastward toward aquatic park
- Listen to directions/guidance from your kayaker
- If you live locally in the Bay Area, please try to secure your own safety kayaker.
- The swim will finish at Aquatic Park. If you are bringing a friend or family member, they may wish to take a car to meet you at the finish. There is free 4 hour parking at the end of Van Ness Ave.
Items to bring
- Wetsuit-mandatory unless cleared by Ryan Nelson and Rory O’Connor PRIOR to race morning.
- Goggles (bring an extra pair just in case)
- Towel & clothes for finish
- Please bring all fundraising checks/cash in sealed and marked envelope to check in.
- Please read the attached emergency procedures and also the kayak brief. It is your responsibility to familiarize yourself with these procedures.
Remember to join us at the post-race party Capurro’s Restaurant and bar, featuring food, drinks, plus an awards ceremony. Entry wristbands for friends and family will be available at early check in, the finish area for $15 each. Address: 498 Jefferson St San Francisco CA 94109
We will host a warm-up / practice swim at Aquatic Park on Saturday 7/13 (time TBD)
If you live locally in the SF bay Area, please do your best to secure your own kayak/kayaker if possible.
Remember to relax and have fun! We will have plenty of people watching over you on the water.
If you have any questions about swimming in the bay, please don’t hesitate to contact Ryan Nelson at 813-765-2707