Please read the briefing below and review all attachments to familiarize yourself with parking, check in and start procedures.
- Please arrive early to the east side of Crissy Field as parking opens at 0700 and check in will open at 0730. Check in closes at 0830.
- There is free 4 hour parking at the end of Van Ness Ave & also metered parking along the streets.
- At check-in you will be body marked and get a color coded cap.
- Pre-race brief will begin at 0845. Please listen carefully to instructions for following the course buoys and emergency procedures.
- We will provide a bag for you to put your towel & clothes into, which will be transported to the finish line.
- Please do not enter the water until instructed to do so, there will be a head count before entering the water.
- If you live locally in the Bay Area, please try to secure your own safety kayaker.
- The swim will finish at Aquatic Park. If you are bringing a friend or family member, they may wish to take a car to meet you at the finish. There is free 4 hour parking at the end of Van Ness Ave.
Items to bring
- Wetsuit-mandatory unless cleared by Ryan Nelson and Rory O’Connor PRIOR to race morning.
- Goggles (bring an extra pair just in case)
- Towel & clothes for finish
- Please bring all fundraising checks/cash in sealed and marked envelope to check in.
- We will have an early check-in on Saturday evening from 4-7pm at TBD
- Please read the attached emergency procedures and also the kayak brief. It is your responsibility to familiarize yourself with these procedures.
Remember to join us at the post-race party at Bay View Boat Club featuring food, drinks, plus an awards ceremony. Entry wristbands for friends and family will be available at early check in, the finish area for $15 each. Address: 489 Terry A Francois Blvd, San Francisco, CA 94158
We will host a warm-up / practice swim at Aquatic Park on Saturday 7/13 (time TBD)
If you live locally in the SF bay Area, please do your best to secure your own kayak/kayaker if possible.
Remember to relax and have fun! We will have plenty of people watching over you on the water.
If you have any questions about swimming in the bay, please don’t hesitate to contact Ryan Nelson at 813-765-2707